Dresses with Shrug
Ethnic clothing is one of the main ways Indians portray the diversity that this country is packed with. Traditional clothing pieces like sarees, salwar kameez, etc. have been in the fashion industry for an extremely long time, today more stylish than ever. In the never-ending list of ethnic options, the industry offers you today, a huge portion of it is made specifically to cater to the fashion needs of modern women. Designed to showcase ethnicity and pragmatism in equal parts, indo western clothing choices like dresses with shrugs are now all the rage. Not only are they extremely stylish, but they also ensure maximum comfort so your clothes do not stand in the way of your hectic life in the least.
Five Different Ways to Style Your Shrug that Matches Your Dress
Dresses with shrug are a modern version of a typical Anarkali style kurti with a fun shrug added to the ethnic flair of the kurti. There are many different ways you can style this, at occasions like festivals, engagement parties, business parties, formal gatherings and other ethnic events. Here are 5 of the best ways you can style your shrug with your ethnic dress:
- You can put your dresses with shrug to use for everyday use as well, something as minimalistic as solid options will work perfectly for you. Wear a neutral coloured kurti and layer it with a bright coloured solid shrug, accessorised with some beach necklaces and gladiator flats.
- Another fun yet relatively simple option you can wear when you feel like stepping up from your regular clothes is a printed shrug. A multi-coloured floral or ethnic motif will go well with any coloured Kurti so layer it on your favourite one. Add some feather earrings and bracelets with wedges to the look and you’re good to go.
- You can opt for a funky short shrug over an embroidered Kurti. With the right colour coordination and pyjama pants, this will be a great outfit for engagement parties. Go with a set of kadas and block heels in vibrant colours to maintain a fun balance between the shades.
- Go for a full ethnic look with your favourite embellished Kurti and a set of heavy flare palazzos as bottomwear. An embellished kurta and some classic open toe heels will complete the outfit beautifully. Keep it chic while accessorising with heavy earrings, a full set of bangles and a studded pendant.
- You can go for an edgy and unique look with an asymmetrical solid shrug layered atop a printed ethnic dress. The difference between the two will balance it out and you can easily forgo leggings or any other bottomwear. A pair of Kolhapuris and some studded hoop earrings are the best way to finish this look.
With these 5 dresses with shrug looks and more, you can upgrade your everyday outfits to a more stylish level. You can shop for all your favourite ethnic clothes from Libas, an online shopping store that aims to be highly inclusive and versatile in terms of traditional clothing. From patterns and prints to sizes and colours, you can find everything you want there. Start shopping!